Ok, it’s time to reveal the awesomest pair of jeans I have and I’m even going to give a few reasons for entitle them like that:
one) they are pitch black and we all go back to black eventually
two) they are ripped because rock’n'rol, baby!
three) there are sequins all over them
four) I made them myself
five) You can have your own pair in minutes!!
Here is what you’ll need:
1. a pair of jeans; 2. sequin fabric; 3. scissors; 4. tweezers; 5. thread & needle
We are going to start with the ripping. You probably have seen tons of tutorials on how to do it, but I’m going to explain it again just to make sure everything is clear.
1. start by making a few horizontal, equal and parallel cuts where you want your ripping to be on the leg
2. take the tweezers and start pulling out the vertical threads between the cuts. The first one is the harder to pull out, but the rest will come off easily
3. you can alternate ripping with cut outs, so take the scissors and cut out a piece, just under the ripping
4. cut a piece of the sequin fabric that covers the cut-ripped area + 1.5 cm seam allowance. Turn your jeans inside out and pin the sequin fabric over the hole, right side down
5. turn the jeans back again and start sewing along the ripping; don’t go too close to the edge as the jeans may fray more in time
6. and you did it! you can stop right here for a “subtle” effect, or go a lot further to a full leg:
The best part of this is that the sequins look like scales and it totally looks like I’m some golden mermaid (no room for modesty here ) dressed in grungy jeans.
I paired them with this crazy t-shirt I found on sales in Terranova. The word is actually embossed in the fabric and the effect is amazing!! My only concern is that it won’t last when I’ll wash it, not to mention ironing is out of the question. But I couldn’t leave it there at 5$!! And I added some of my own bracelets, of course! Who said arm-candy is only for summer?
So my year started quite glamorous. How about yours?