Minimal Glam means luxury without being opulent or heavy and it also means minimal without being flat or boring. It’s a mix between the two and it’s a characteristic of the cuff bracelet that I want to show you today.
But before we start I would like to tell you a little bit about the material that we will use. It is called Axpet, it’s made by Bayer and it’s like the food containers plastic. Though it’s not the same with shrink plastic because it doesn’t shrink under heat. Yes, we will use heat because this plastic becomes flexible and malleable under a heat source, but still we don’t need very high temperatures. You can find it in craft stores, in the architecture isle because it is used in modelling, in sheets of different sizes and thickness.
So you’ll need:
1. one 1mm or 2mm thick Axpet/Perspex sheet; 2. cutter; 3. ruler, 4. rhinestones; 5. plastic glue
1. Measure your wrist and subtract 2cm from that number. Then measure how wide would you like your bracelet to be. using the ruler and a marker or pencil trace those sizes on the Axpet sheet.
2. Cut the plastic using a very sharp cutter
3. Use a piece of sandpaper or a file to smooth the sides
4. Put the Axpet piece in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until you see that it starts to bend a little
5. Take is out using a mitten and shape it around an object that is the size of your hand. Keep it like this for a few seconds to allow it to cool and harden in this shape
6. When it cooled off completely start gluing the rhinestones the way you like it.
And this is your new bracelet which you can wear on a black evening dress or with a pair of white jeans for work. It is definitely very eye catching.